Educationally Related Social Emotional Services (ERSES)

Some students need support from a school-based therapist who provides intensive, long-term services such as social work and/or group or individual counseling to assist them in accessing their special education program.  These students may have been receiving school-based counseling services and need more intensive counseling services in the school setting.

Consideration of need for Educationally Related Social Emotional Services (ERSES) is based on a thorough social/emotional assessment which includes input from a clinical therapist and a diagnosis from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM).  If, based on the results of the assessment, the IEP team agrees that ERSES are necessary, the student will be assigned an Intensive School-Based Therapist, with whom a longer term relationship will be established.  In addition to individual and group counseling the School-Based Therapist will be able to provide the Social Work component to liaison with the school team and family to coordinate interventions and supports to assist the student in being successful.

For forms and resources for the ERSES program - Click Here